December 19, 2007

Her impact on me...


Her eyes like diamonds,
Reflecting and refracting the light of her heart,
Satisfying my world with the light of a love I have not at all seen before.

I have felt darkness so thick it chokes.
The darkness hasn't a chance when she enters my world.

I have seen horrid sights that cloud a once clear mind.
My memories fade with her smile.

The silence, once so quite my eardrums ached,
Has been soothed with her laughter and childlike words.

I see the miracle of a growing, learning child,
On the landscape of my life I once thought baron.

Do I do what's right for her?

Do I love her as much as she deserves?

I did not know how to truly love before she became a part of my being.

I do and will forever love her with the deepest, truest love this tattered heart can muster.

I am now part of the lucky.

I am now part of the blessed.

No comments: