January 13, 2008

I'm Coming Home



I have been to the skies and seas
I have been to the blues and greens
To the mountains and streams
With wonders over wonders
After all the places I have been
Now I'm going home

I smile and cry, I have loved and hate
With sorrows and pains, with joy and laughter
At least now I am next in line

The next time I open my eyes
I can already see His face
The face we all wonder
The face we all wish to see
And the time has come to see Him face to face
He's been whispering my name

They've been waiting for me all the time
I can already hear their singing
I can already hear them shout my name
I will end this journey
With great joy in my heart and tears in my eyes


The questions has already been answered
The gate is now open
Now I'm coming home
My journey ends here
but I will be with all of you forever

(my appreciation to the writer Allan Joseph)

(photo by:
"Miner's House," from The Landscape in Black and White: Oliver Schuchard Photographs, 1967�2005, published in October by the University of Missouri Press)


No comments: